About this policy
Please take some time to review this policy. If you do not agree with it, you may click here to leave this website.
24 Land website’s data protection commitment
Your privacy is very important to us. We are committed to being mindful and transparent about our use of your personal data and to acting in full compliance with the General Regulation on Data Protection, which you can read here.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information that relates to a natural person who is identified or identifiable, either directly or indirectly, from the information in question.
Personal data that has been de-identified, encrypted or pseudonymised but can be used to re-identify a person remains personal data and therefore falls within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Personal data that has been rendered anonymous in such a way that the individual is not or no longer identifiable is no longer considered personal data. For data to be truly anonymised, the anonymisation must be irreversible.
Types of personal data we collect and how
You can use the 24 Land website without giving any personal information.
The only personal data we do collect and further process are those you provide to us yourself when sending us a question, comment or request either via email or by filling out a form on this website.
Purpose and legal basis for personal data processing
The personal data you provide when contacting us are processed to reply to your question or comment or to fulfil your request, for example, your request to purchase one of the books on display on this website.
In some cases, the personal data you provide will also be processed to comply with obligations to which we are legally bound, notably tax obligations under Portuguese law arising from your purchase of one of the aforementioned books.
Considering this, different legal bases may apply to the processing of your personal data:
- In some cases, it will be the fact that the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are bound (see subparagraph c) of paragraph 1 of Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation);
- In other cases, it will be the fact that the processing is necessary to the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (see subparagraph b) of paragraph 1 of Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation);
- In all other cases, it will be the fact that you gave your consent to the processing, which you may withdraw at any time (see subparagraph a) of paragraph 1 of Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation).
How long is the personal data stored?
In general, we store your personal data only during the time necessary to fully reply to your question or comment or to fulfil your request.
The exception to this is the personal data that we are required by law to keep for a longer period of time, notably the data used for invoicing when you purchase a book on display on this website. Such data will be stored during the period of time specified in the applicable legislation.
Third parties and your personal data
We do not share our users’ personal data with third parties, except when this is strictly required by law (e.g. with competent authorities in criminal proceedings).
Your data protection rights
In accordance with the General Regulation on Data Protection, you have the following rights as regards your personal data:
- Obtain information about the processing of your personal data;
- Obtain access to the personal data held about you;
- Ask for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete personal data to be corrected;
- Request that personal data be erased when it is no longer needed or if processing it is unlawful;
- Object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in specific cases;
- Receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and send it to another controller (‘data portability’);
- Request that decisions based on automated processing concerning you or significantly affecting you and based on your personal data are made by natural persons, not only by computers. You also have the right in this case to express your point of view and to contest the decision.
To submit to us a request concerning your personal data, including that such data be corrected or deleted, please see the next point of this policy.
Data controller and how to contact us concerning your personal data
The data controller for the personal data processed through the 24 Land website is the website’s owner, José António Barreiros.
Should you have any questions on matters of data protection or wish to make a request concerning your personal data, including that such data be corrected or deleted, please write to José António Barreiros at email@example.com.
Right of complaint to an independent supervisory authority
Pursuant to the General Regulation on Data Protection, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an independent supervisory authority if you consider that your data protection rights are not being respected.
The Portuguese independent supervisory authority is the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados. You can visit its website here.
Links to other websites
In the “Links” section of this website, you will find links to other websites that are in no way related to the 24 Land website nor its owner.
We provide such links in good faith, but we are not responsible for any of the content contained in such websites, neither for the processing of personal data that visiting them might entail.
Therefore, we encourage you to seek and read the privacy policies of those websites, as well as any other rules that may apply to them.